Monday, November 26, 2007

One Week To Go

Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am into the final stretch before leaving for the tour. This week will be about settling things here in New York and making sure my home base is taken care of before leaving it for a year. I will also be buying a new set of luggage and some neccesaries for the trip. I anticipate another possible round of fittings before I head out to Michigan next week. Everyone from the tour has been extremely helpful, answering my questions, large and small, and making me feel very welcome and taken care of.

The Broadway stagehands strike may be coming to an end this week, as both sides were into negotiations late into the night last night. For the sake of my friends working on Broadway, and for the industry and the audiences alike, I hope that they can come to a satisfactory conclusion this week. Unfortunately, with "Spamalot" dark for the past two weeks I have been unable to view the show as many times as I would have wished before starting the rehearsal process, but I will see it many times over the next couple weeks before my performances begin in DC December 18. What a treat to begin my role during the week leading up to Christmas!

No comments: